Category Archives: community

Monday is for shameless self-promotion

I asked people with whom I have worked if they would write a few sentences on the value of makebright. Massive thanks to them for these thoughtful observations. Sometimes I feel like I’m pitching a solution to a problem my … Continue reading

Posted in community, shameless self-promotion | Tagged | Comments Off on Monday is for shameless self-promotion

Hub Haps #017-our destination

Headphones on, medium volume. Puttin’ some familiar flavour in yer ear. Me being a photographer, you might reasonably assume that I’m visually driven. True, but I’m also a keen consumer of ambient sound. I think of places I frequent as … Continue reading

Posted in community | Tagged , , , | 1 Comment

Hub Haps #016-Thalmic test-driving a variety of arms

I caught Victor Janzen helping out brand ambassador Deviya from Thalmic today at the Hub. Thalmic had multiple teams on site and no shortage of willing participants. The goal was to collect sample data from a variety of users wearing … Continue reading

Posted in community | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Hub Haps #016-Thalmic test-driving a variety of arms

Hub Haps #015-printer envy

Why is this man smiling? Kyle Brannen, Canon Account Executive, Large Format Printers was in the house yesterday for Hub Unplugged. He brought with him the most wicked Canon iPF6400S printer, and he was extremely popular. The Canon Innovation Lab … Continue reading

Posted in community | Tagged , | Comments Off on Hub Haps #015-printer envy

1shot #212-sky geometry

On the way to meet some friends this morning for breakfast in UTW I saw this crane building condos where we used to cosmic bowl. Seemed like a giant compass scribing lines in the sky. From Princess and Dorset, this … Continue reading

Posted in community | Tagged , , | Comments Off on 1shot #212-sky geometry

Hub Haps #014-build

Looking out the front door toward 1 Victoria construction, this seemed like a solid visual metaphor for what’s going on here at Communitech. Build on, hubsters! DW

Posted in community | Tagged , | Comments Off on Hub Haps #014-build

Hub Haps #013-Power tools on a shoot

That is to say, the tools of awesome photog Peter Power were on the job at The Hub last week. My good friend Tony Reinhart mentioned that Peter was coming by to do a shoot of Hub denizen Blue Rover … Continue reading

Posted in community | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Hub Haps #013-Power tools on a shoot

Review photos. Get better.

Alex Marshall of George Briggs Media generously hosted our monthly 3rdThur photo review last night.  I gotta say this was the best venue yet since we started doing this back in March. Massive thanks, dude.  We had the biggest turnout … Continue reading

Posted in community, photography | Tagged , | Comments Off on Review photos. Get better.

Hub Haps #012-merry making

Yanish Jutton holds some Communitech makery that is part of a project conceived by Sam Trieu. Make all the things, Hubsters!

Posted in community | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Hub Haps #012-merry making

OWN IT magazine for DTK

Last Wednesday saw the launch of the Kitchener BIA magazine OWN IT. I was fortunate to be one of four photographers working on this project and I’m very proud of how it turned out. Once again, Kitchener pushes the Region … Continue reading

Posted in community | Tagged | Comments Off on OWN IT magazine for DTK